Imagine you've had a long day and you're relaxing with your feet up and a cup of tea, you're watching your favourite tv program, all is well. To top it off, you remember your homemade CBD brownies in the fridge and heat one up during the commercial break (more realistically you pause netflix) and settle in until your couch all but devours you. If this sounds as nice to you as it does to us, then keep reading because we're going to show you how to make this night your reality, and every night after if you'd like. Baking your own CBD edibles is so satisfying and rewarding plus you can really play around and get creative with them. However, there are a handful of golden rules to keep in mind so that your brownies and treats are a success every time. We've compiled some of our best pointers and an easy but seriously delicious brownie recipe to get you started. It's simple, it's fun and this is just a glimpse into the newly discovered world of baking with this earthy and relaxing herb.
Step 1. Figure out how many milligrams of CBD you want in each brownie and multiply it by the total number of servings. (Example: If you want 10mg of CBD per serving and there are 16 servings in total, you will want to add 160mg of CBD to your batter).
Step 2. Figure out how many milligrams of CBD there are per milliliter in your CBD oil. Simply divide the total milligrams of CBD in the bottle by the total number of milliliters. (Example: if your bottle has 1000mg of CBD in 10ml then each milliliter has 100mg of CBD in it → 1000 divided by 10 = 100mg)
Step 3. Divide the total amount of CBD you wish to have in your brownies (160mg) by the milligrams of CBD found in each milliliter of your oil (100mg). 160 divided by 100 is 1.6 so you will need 1.6ml of CBD oil in your recipe. Use google to convert your desired milliliters to teaspoons/tablespoons!
So that is it, while keeping these simple tips in mind, you are ready to get baking and start exploring this incredibly versatile and flavourful herb. You are going to love the recipe we've provided below and it'll have you running back and forth to the shop all week.
The Chewiest, Fudgiest and Tastiest CBD Brownies
1.6ml/ ⅛ teaspoon + 2 droppers of our Daiba Organic 1,000mg oil OR
1.6ml /⅛ teaspoon +1.5 droppers our Calm MCT Isolate oil*
You can find these oils by clicking here.
**Bonus: get creative with different types of chocolate chips like adding peanut butter or white chocolate chips
**For even fudgier brownies use half brown sugar and half white sugar
**If you would like 20mg of CBD per serving double the quantity of CBD oil or if you would prefer 5mg per serving, cut the quantity of oil in half
- Preheat fan forced oven to 165°F (175°C).
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with oil. Line with parchment or baking paper; set aside.
- Combine hot melted coconut oil and sugar together in a medium-sized bowl. Beat well with a whisk for about a minute. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat for another minute, until lighter in colour.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, chocolate chips and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do not over beat as this could affect the brownie texture). If the batter is looking a bit dry - add more melted coconut oil one tablespoon at a time.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Treat your batter like gold and take the time to really scrape all of it into the pan - every bit counts!
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until the centre of the brownies are just set to the touch and they no longer jiggle. When using a toothpick, it should still be a bit dirty when you remove it from the center, this is what makes them fudgy. The brownies will continue to cook in the hot pan.
- Set on the counter and let them cool to room temperature. Cut into 16 brownies (4 slices both length and width ways)