Energy balls truly tick every snack box in the book. They are easy to make, convenient, delicious and when made from the right recipe (look no further), they are packed with wholesome and nutrient dense ingredients. When you add a healthy dose of CBD to the mix, they achieve near-perfection. We've highlighted the main nutritional benefits of the key ingredients for you below so you can see for yourself. Energy balls are forgiving enough for you to get a little creative and add your own spin with other favourite ingredients or toppings. Play around and enjoy!
Almonds: High in magnesium, protein, fiber, potassium and vitamin E
Coconut: High in fiber and vitamins + minerals like vitamin B6, iron, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, and selenium
Dark Chocolate: Extremely high in fiber, iron, magnesium, copper and manganese
Chia Seeds: Super food that is high in proteins, omega-3s (see why omega 3s are excellent paired with CBD), calcium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus and antioxidants
Yields: 24 Balls Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ⅔ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut flakes, divided
- 1 cup pitted, chopped dates
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- ¼ cup nut butter of choice (I like almond or hemp best for this recipe)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
DARK CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil
- Optional: instead of rolling balls in remaining coconut flakes, try rolling in chopped almonds, cashews or sesame seeds
- Optional: instead of making the drizzle with dark chocolate, try melting 1 part peanut or nut butter with 1 part coconut oil instead
- In a large bowl add the oats, almonds, chia/hemp seeds and 1 tablespoon of coconut flakes. Stir together to mix well.
- Add the dates, coconut milk, nut butter, maple syrup, almond extract, and CBD oil.
- Mix everything together well
- Rolling between your palms until perfectly round, create 1" balls
- When all the bites are formed, roll each ball in the remaining coconut flakes or other optional toppings and return to the parchment paper.
- In a small microwave dish melt chocolate chips for 45 seconds, remove and stir, add coconut oil and microwave for additional 30 seconds, continue to heat and stir until smooth, but only heating for 15 second intervals
- Once smooth dip a small spoon or fork into the mixture and drizzle over balls